Thursday, September 24, 2009

September 24 - Vickey's View

Yesterday I met with a Rotarian, Carol, who owns her own small-printing and publishing business. She does a lot of business cards and invitations, but also does things like special projects, vanity press books, and the district's Rotary magazine, which she also edits. She had me write an article as part of my vocational experience.

Today, I met with DreamTrain, a company that uses drama to train in companies. My experience was split from the team due to the scheduling needs of my vocational people, but it was stilll great. In fact, it might even have turned out better for the specialized touring I got to do to Lemley Castle, the viewing of the King, Queen, and Jack metal sculptures, and the Beamish gardens.

We also met the mayor of Gateshead, Councilor John Eagle. He and his assistant, Nigel, were most friendly and welcoming. He even let us take many pictures with him in his regalia.

Bed-time now! It's after midnight here and very rapidly approaching one. Since tomorrow's another handover, I will close for the night.

Vickey