Monday, September 7, 2009

Preparations

Hi there. It's Amy again.
We're getting close to our departure date. It's only 12 days away! I keep running all the things I still need to do through my head. It seems like every couple minutes I think of something else; all this planning can be a bit overwhelming! We still need to do two practice presentations with local Rotary clubs before we leave. I still need to get to an AAA office to get my foreign currency debit card. And then there's the packing. Ohhhh, the packing. With the limits on baggage size, weight, and of course total numbers of bags, there are quite a few decisions left to make. With all the planning and preparations, it's easy to lose sight of the excitement of what we're about to do. The excitement returned today when I Google-Earthed some of the locations we'll be visiting. Everything looks so... English. As a raving fan of All Things English, I was excited just to see street-level pictures of pharmacies and chip shops. Kind of lame, I know, but sometimes it's the little things that get you going.
I hope some of my fellow team members come on and blog about their preparation experiences. I'd love to know what they are doing to get ready.