Wednesday, October 14, 2009

They are the champions


Last night, the team was included in the annual Tynedale and Hexham Rotary Clubs' Sports Competition. And I use the word "sports" loosely, since it's not like we were out kicking soccer balls or anything. The events in this year's competition were: bowls, snooker, dominos, and putting golf balls. All of these were also indoor events. The participants divided up into teams of two and competed in all four events against one other team. I was teamed up with a Rotarian (again, no names used to protect the innocent) and we competed against Tim and another Rotarian. I'll admit, I was pretty useless at everything except for dominos. We split the events, two wins for each team. The winning Rotary club was determined by counting up the total number of victories for the teams representing Hexham and the teams representing Tynedale. Hexham was victorious, 20 1/2 to 11 1/2.

But Jeremy and his partner won all four of their events! I was too busy in my own competition to observe the athletic prowess of my GSE teammate, and knowing Jeremy he won't be on to post about it. So congrats to Jeremy and his partner for spanking all of us soundly.