Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Miscellania

We visited four mayor's offices in England: Gateshead, Sunderland, Durham, and Hexham. Town Hall in Durham was the coolest of the four, with its stained glass windows, hammerbeam ceiling, council chamber with a fireplace from the 1600s, and the balcony that overlooks the town square. Gateshead, however, had the best treats out of any of the offices (just ask Jeremy about the cookies). Sunderland's mayor's office was the nicest, with comfy leather sofas and all the plaques from the different ships and towns that celebrates Sunderland's shipbuilding history.

It's safe to accept candy from Jeremy three out of four times. At least one time out of four you'll want to launch the piece of candy across the room, but the other times are safe.

Seriously. I was pulling off I-81 yesterday and didn't know which lane to pull into. I was really tempted to pull into the right lane. Fortunately, another car passed by and reminded me which lane to drive in.

I was so used to waking up at 7am while I was in England (2am here), that now I keep waking up at 2am, even if I didn't get to bed until 10. This is frustrating and means I haven't really slept well a single night since we got back.

I've decided that I like calling the dessert course "pudding", so I'll continue to do this for a while. I don't care if I sound pretentious, I like it.

I'm working on putting my pictures up on Flickr. Once I get some more of them up there and figure out how everyone else can look at them, I'll post the info here.

I'm going to try to periodically update the blog about our continuing adventures at least up until District Conference in the spring, so check back every once in a while.

TTFN
Amy