Monday, September 12, 2011

Let's see who's still checking this blog...

Hi again everyone!

The day I've been long waiting for has finally arrived! Our friends from England came into town last night after a looooooong day of travel. As I said from our experience with transatlantic flight, it was the longest day of my life. I think my English counterparts would agree.

Tom, Helen, Barbara, Caroline, and James arrived last night at the Binghamton airport. I can attest to the mild culture shock they must have felt since things are so much more spread out here than they are in England. Driving on the "wrong" side of the road also takes some getting used to. I kind of feel like the "big sister", having already gone through similar experiences in the same context.

We (Terry was there, too, and our alternate team leader, Anne. District Governor Sam was there, as well as representatives from the Cooperstown area Rotary) took the team out to dinner. Apparently their entire layover in Washington was spent in line at Customs and they didn't have time to eat. We went to The Spot, which coincidentally enough was the first restaurant I went to when I moved up here to central New York. We left around 9:15, and then the poor team had to ride all the way to Cooperstown. Talk about a long day.

***This post was by Amy just before district conference in 2010. It wouldn't add until I just now updated the interface choice. --Vickey ***