Sunday, December 6, 2009

Plusses and Minuses

Amy again.
I reworked my presentation for the breakfast meeting of my sponsoring club this past Wednesday morning. Since it was my sponsoring club, Vickey trimmed down her presentation and gave me a couple extra minutes, and I greatly appreciate it that she did this. I added some of the things I wanted to add, like the Three Villages Walk and a bit about the food, but I didn't cut anything out to balance it. I was hoping that, with my slides finally up and running, I'd be better able to keep on track and not ramble. Yeah, that didn't work so well.
I managed to talk for 12 minutes, I think it was. Vickey had very little time to talk, and Terry didn't get a chance to do anything at all. I'm really distressed about this, because I think my presentation is really good and I don't want to cut anything. I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and leave out a lot of good stuff.
I'm wondering if it might be helpful for the whole group to get together and better plan out what each of us will talk about, especially before we all present together at District Conference in the spring. Maybe if we all talked about our individual vocational stuff, but then separated the other topics out so that each of us had something completely different to cover. We'll see what happens, I guess.
I'm waiting to hear from someone at the Cortland Breakfast Club about attempting to start up a club here in Cincinnatus again. As it turns out, things were in motion to get a club started here last year, but they didn't have a local contact. Then I kind of fell into their lap as a GSE team member, and ever since I was chosen, Sam the District Governor has been talking to me about working to get this club up and running. Again, we'll see how this pans out. I know a few of the movers and shakers here in town, but since I didn't grow up here and I'm not part of the fire department, that leaves me on the outside of the two biggest community institutions in town: the school and, um, the fire department. I'm all behind what Rotary stands for, now let's see if I can convince some locals that Rotary is worth signing up for.
Talk to you later, kids. Have a great day and a Merry Christmas!
Amy