Thursday, November 19, 2009

Return Presentations

I've done two return presentations so far. For the first one, this past Saturday, I forgot my slides. Yep, left the flash drive right on my desk at home. For the second presentation, this past Tuesday, I remembered my slides, but they just plain didn't work. I guess it's a good thing we were told to prepare our presentations to stand alone without visual aid, but it's hard to talk about how amazing Fountains Abbey and Bamburgh Castle were without the freakin' pictures.
I'm going to change my presentation around anyway. I felt obligated to include a healthy dollop of information about what I learned about the National Health Service, but unfortunately, that seems to be a snooze-fest for my audience. I'll likely shorten that part and add in some more of the fun stuff. One of the advantages to doing the presentation with Terry, Jeremy, and Tim on Tuesday was that I had a chance to see what all of them were talking about and yeah, we dupilcated some stuff. We also managed to leave some really cool stuff out completely. I'm going to make it a point to include some fresh information in my presentation that the audience won't get from another team member.
My next presentation isn't until December 2nd, and that one is for my sponsoring club. So I have plenty of time to procrastinate before I make the changes.
Amy