Thursday, November 12, 2009

I'll stop procrastinating... well... yesterday.

Hi there everybody! It's Amy again.
I have my first return presentation to do this Saturday, and I just, I mean JUST, finished my presentation. Some of my team mates have already done two. I've been thinking about what I want to say since before I even returned to the US, but getting everything straightened out in my head has been very challenging. It's funny how it seems simple enough to throw together a 4 to 5 minute presentation that sums up your personal life and career, but it's so hard to make one of the same length that hits the high points of what you experienced in a single month. I've fit a lot into my presentation, but I can't help but feel that I left so much out, too. And unfortunately, it's so many of the funny little personal stories that I had to leave out. Like falling down the hill on the three villages walk. Or being sick at district conference. And ooooh, the carsickness I felt for the first two and a half weeks. I want people to know the good parts, of course, but sometimes the not-so-great things really round out an experience like this. I really hope we got a lot of questions so I have a chance to share more than what I put into the presentation.
It was a pain in the butt re-doing my slides. Arrgh. I hope they work well and don't come out all wonky when I go to present on Saturday. I think they're alright.
Now that I'm back on this side of the Atlantic, I've found I'm much more conscious of experiences that I feel are truly American. The month of November, for instance, has three such experiences: Election Day, Thanksgiving, and Black Friday (the day of holiday shopping madness that follows Thanksgiving). I've been thinking about doing a blog post on these things, but I don't really know if it's appropriate to do it on this blog. I may start an American culture blog, for your entertainment. I'll let you know if I get this up and running. I've been tossing the idea around for a while, so I probably will.
TTFN.
Amy